We work in entertainment and gambling, with a clear focus on quality, stability and state of the art security.
Our goal is to create the best quality of life possible, both for employees and the systems we develop.
Are you the one we’re looking for, or do you know him/her? In either case, we’ll award 15.000 SEK to anyone who finds us a candidate that stays with us for at least six months.
Senior Web Developer – Proactive Gaming Scandinavia AB
Proactive Gaming Scandinavia AB is looking for a senior web developer to join our team. Our primary product is a complete online 3D poker solution that we license to operators around the globe. The solution can be subdivided into several areas such as Server, Database, Game client and Back office. We currently need another developer in our Back Office team, where our primary product is a web based management system, used in-house and by customers to do platform administration and management.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys coming up with user friendly solutions to both simple and complex problems. Ideally, our candidate would have experience with systems at scale and extensive knowledge of LAMP/LAPP. We do enjoy and encourage the use of new technologies (We’re currently in the early stages of a full Web 2.0 migration) and would like to find someone who can balance the bleeding edge with tried and true.
The candidate will participate in all phases of the software development cycle: from product definition and design through implementation, debugging, and testing. Our candidate will work a lot in collaboration with the rest of our team, as well as taking on full responsibility for tasks of varying complexity.
The ideal candidate can communicate clearly and effectively with other developers and customers. You must be self-directed and well-organized, as well as motivated and passionate about your work.
Skills & Requirements
Enjoy bullet lists? This is what we’re looking for:
- Experience with the full LAMP/LAPP stack
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of database architecture
- Ability to deliver clean and maintainable code
- Self-driven and highly motivated to work both independently and with a small team
- Excellent communication skills and passion for technology
- An accomplished level of written and oral English is required
- Comfortable on the Linux command line with experience installing and configuring all parts of the LAMP/LAPP stack
- Product-focused – you’re not just excited to code, you want to be part of product decisions and see how they impact the customer
And here’s what you’ll be responsible for:
- Help us improve our product and develop the best iGaming Back Office on the market
- Take part in the design and implementation of the whole product
- Confer with other programmers and design lead, to create new great user experiences, and take a big and active part in shaping the future product
- Modify existing software to correct errors or to improve its performance
- Pro-actively contribute to new ideas and improvements
Finally: We are looking for a relaxed person with a good sense of humor. We’re a very tight and highly experienced team. We have a great social ambiance in the team, that we want to maintain and improve with every new member we add to the group.
If you like what you’ve read so far, chances are that you’re someone we want to talk to. Get in touch with us!
Follow up questions:
- What’s your favorite language to program in? Why?
- What was the last new language you learned? What is your first choice for a web application platform (which OS, which database, which scripting language)?
- How would you rank your knowledge of SQL? What do you NOT know how to do in SQL?
- What’s your take on PHP? Good? Bad? Why?
- Any experience with developing full blown HTML5 client-side applications?
- What platform do you prefer to work on (i.e., your desktop/laptop)? What development tools do you use? Do you use version control or group coding software? What programs? Did you configure them or were you an end user?
- Do you read? What’s your favorite blog / book / author?
- What sites do you visit when you’re stuck and need to figure out a programming problem? Name a few, maybe in the order you’d try them.
- What is your availability to start working with us?
Get in touch with us by sending an email to: email@example.com